Prasar Bharati

“India’s Public Service Broadcaster”

Pageviews

KEY MEMBERS – AB MATHUR, ABHAY KUMAR PADHI, A. RAJAGOPAL, AR SHEIKH, ANIMESH CHAKRABORTY, BB PANDIT, BRIG. RETD. VAM HUSSAIN, CBS MAURYA, CH RANGA RAO,Dr. A. SURYA PRAKASH,DHIRANJAN MALVEY, DK GUPTA, DP SINGH, D RAY, HD RAMLAL, HR SINGH, JAWHAR SIRCAR,K N YADAV,LD MANDLOI, MOHAN SINGH,MUKESH SHARMA, N.A.KHAN,NS GANESAN, OR NIAZEE, P MOHANADOSS,PV Krishnamoorthy, Rafeeq Masoodi,RC BHATNAGAR, RG DASTIDAR,R K BUDHRAJA, R VIDYASAGAR, RAKESH SRIVASTAVA,SK AGGARWAL, S.S.BINDRA, S. RAMACHANDRAN YOGENDER PAL, SHARAD C KHASGIWAL,YUVRAJ BAJAJ. PLEASE JOIN BY FILLING THE FORM GIVEN AT THE BOTTOM.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Prasar Bharati wants 40% ad revenue from sports feed share

Prasar Bharati is not satisfied with the 25% advertising revenue that it earns from the feed that a private sports broadcaster has to mandatorily share with it. The pubcaster is wanting the share to increase to 40%. Prasar Bharati has approached the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) seeking to get the revenue share revised upwards.According to the the Sports Broadcasting Signals (Mandatory Sharing with Prasar Bharati) Act, 2007, private sports broadcasters have to share ad-free live feed of sporting events of national importance with Prasar Bharati and All India Radio (AIR). The ad revenue sharing between the content rights owner and the Prasar Bharati will be in the ratio of 75:25 in case of TV coverage.

Prasar Bharati wants an amendment in the Act to enable it to get a revenue share of 40%. “We will make an appeal to the secretary (at the I&B ministry) that this amendment should be brought about which will allow Prasar Bharati to keep 40% of the revenues, leaving 60% with the rights holders,” Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar told Mint. The broadcaster is planning to take up the matter in its next board meeting due this month and has already sent the proposal to the ministry, the business daily reported. For the upcoming Rio 2016 Olympic games, Star India will have to share the feed provided by the International Olympic Committee with Doordarshan. Star has said that it will dedicate all eight sports channels (including HD) to the 2016 Rio Olympics coverage. Together, Star Sports and OTT platform Hotstar will broadcast 3,000+ hours of live content from the Olympics.

Source & credit        :-http://www.televisionpost.com/television/prasar-bharati-wants-40-ad-revenue-from-sports-feed-share/

Forwarded By: Jainender Nigam,prasarbharati.pbnewsdesk@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

please type your comments here

PB Parivar Blog Membership Form