Tuesday, December 13, 2016
PENSION POLICY [PART 2]
12) Can a pension, once authorized, be revised to the disadvantage of pensioner on grounds other than misconduct under Rule 8 and 9.
Except under Rule 8 and 9, pension once authorized after final assessment shall not be revised to the disadvantage of the Government servant, unless such revision becomes necessary on account of detection of a clerical error subsequently. No revision of pension to the disadvantage of the pensioner shall be ordered by the Head of Office without the concurrence of the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare if the clerical error is detected after a period of two years from the date of authorization of pension. The question whether it is a case of clerical error or not would be decided by the administrative Ministry.
13) What is the formula for revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioner/family pensioner?
In terms of para 4.1 of OM No.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 1.9.2008, the pension/family pension will be consolidated w.e.f. 1.1.2006 by adding together (i) The existing pension/family pension,(ii) Dearness Pension, where applicable, (iii)Dearness Relief @24% of basic Pension/Basic Family Pension plus dearness pension as admissible vide OM No.42/2/2006-P&PW(G) dated 5.4.2006 and (iv) Fitment weightage @40% of the existing pension/family pension. Where the existing pension at (i) includes the effect of merger of 50% of DR w.e.f. 1.4.2004, the existing pension for the purpose of fitment weightage will be re-calculated after excluding the merged DR of 50% from the pension. The amount so arrived at will be regarded as consolidated pension/family pension w.e.f. 1.1.2006. The fixation of pension will be subject to the provision that the revised pension, in no case shall be lower than 50% of the minimum of the pay in the pay band plus the grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale from which the Govt. servant retired. The minimum of pay is the pay band/pay scale is to be reckoned in accordance with DoPPW OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW dated 30.07.2015.
14) Whether all pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners would get benefit under Department of Pension and Pensioners' Welfare O.M. NO.38/37/08- P&PW (A) dated 28.1.2013 (now OM dated 30.07.2015)?
There will be no change in the pension of those pre-2006 pensioners whose pension (as revised with effect from 1.1.2006) is already equal to or more than this minimum limit mentioned in the OM dated 28.01.2013 and 30.07.2015. In the case of family pensioner also the minimum family pension as mentioned in Col.10 of the Annexure to the OM dated 5 28.1.2013 shall be payable if the amount of family pension (w.e.f. 01.01.2006) is equal to or more than this minimum family pension, the same family pension shall continue to be paid.
15) What is the amount of minimum and maximum pension after Sixth CPC?
The pension shall not be less than Rs.3500/- and shall not be more than 50% of the highest pay in Government i.e Rs 45,000/-.
16) From where can we download the pension /nomination Forms ?
All forms are available at the website of Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare.
17) When can a Government servant apply for voluntary retirement?
Under Rule 48, a Government servant can apply for voluntary retirement after completion of 30 years of qualifying service. Under Rule 48-A, he can apply for voluntary retirement after completion of qualifying service of 20 years. Under FR 56 (k) he can apply for voluntary retirement an attaining the age of 50 years (for Gr. A & B) and 55 years (in other cases).
18) Whether older pensioners will get higher rate of pension?
Yes, from 1.1.2006, the quantum of pension/family pension available to old pensioners/family pensioners has been increased as follows:- O.M.No. 38/37/08- P&PW(A) dated 2.9.2008 .
Age of pensioner/family pensioner. Additional quantum of pension
From 80 years to less than 85 years - 20% of revised basic pension/family pension
From 85 years to less than 90 years - 30% of revised basic pension/family pension
From 90 years to less than 95 years - 40% of revised basic pension/family pension
From 95 years to less than 100 years - 50% of revised basic pension/family pension
100 years or more - 100% of revised basic pension/family pension
19) Is additional pension admissible to old family pensioners also?
Yes, the rates related to additional pension as applicable in the case of old pensioners hold good for family pensioners, as well.
20) Whether the provision of added years in qualifying service for computation of pension is still in force?
The benefit of added years of qualifying service for computation of pension/related benefits has been withdrawn w.e.f. 01.01.2006.
21) Whether the provision of added years in qualifying service has been withdrawn for calculating gratuity also?
Yes, w.e.f. 01.01.2006.
22) Whether the additional pension/family pension available to old pensioners would be payable from the date of attaining age of 80 years or above or from the first day of the month in which the date of birth falls?
The additional quantum of pension/family pension, on attaining the age of 80 years and above, would be admissible from the 1st day of month in which his date of birth falls. For example, if a pensioner/family pensioner completes age of 80 years in the month of August, 2008, he will be entitled to additional pension/family pension w.e.f. 1.8.2008. Those pensioners/family pensioners whose date of birth is 1st August, will also be entitled to additional pension/family pension w.e.f. 1.8.2008 on attaining the age of 80 years and above.