* Individual taxpayers with annual income up to 5 lakh rupees to get full tax rebate.
Read: Only those with income up to Rs 5 lakh to pay no tax, rates remain same for all others
* Individuals with gross income up to 6.5 lakh rupees will not need to pay any tax if they make investments in provident funds and prescribed equities.
* Standard tax deduction for salaried persons raised from 40,000 rupees to 50,000 rupees.
* TDS threshold on rental income raised from 1.8 lakh to 2.4 lakh rupees.
* “Around 3 crore middle-class taxpayers will get tax exemption due to this measure,” the finance minister said.
* Gratuity limit increased from 10 lakh to 30 lakh rupees.